Skip to content

What information can I give to support my case?

You can give us new information that you think supports your case. You should give it to us as soon as you can.

This fact sheet outlines the types of information you could give us in a review of a decision about the percentage of care for a child.

We might direct you to give us information if we think we need it to make a decision. You must give us any information we ask for by the date we tell you.

Find more details and timeframes for giving us information in the Child Support Review Directions.

How can I give my information?

You can send us information about your case online

You can also give us information by:

Check our contact details to find out where and how to give your information to us.

Can I remove information from a document?

You can usually remove the following information from a document before giving it to us: 

  • a tax file number or passport number
  • your Centrelink reference number or child support identification number
  • your bank account number on a bank statement, other than the last 4 numbers.

You cannot remove any other information in a document unless we say you can. You can ask us if you can remove information in a document by

  • sending us a request in writing explaining why the information should be removed; or
  • making the request at a directions hearing if we hold one as part of the review.

The request will be refused if removing the information will affect the fairness of the review.

Find more details in the Child Support Review Directions.

Helpful hints about giving us information

  • send information electronically if possible. This means you do not need to send a copy by post, unless we ask you to give us certified copies of documents such as a birth certificate
  • if you come into one of our offices to give us information, please give us a hard copy to keep
  • if documents are not in English, you should also give us a translation by an accredited translator.

How will we use the information you give us?

  • the Member might use it to make a decision
  • it will usually be given to Services Australia (the Agency), and any other party to the review.

You will receive a copy of relevant information given to us by the Agency or any other party to the review.

Find out more about privacy at the AAT and access to information in AAT cases.