What we can review
We can conduct a first review of any Child Support objection decision.
The objection decisions we can review include decisions about:
- a change of assessment
- the percentage of care for a child
- the particulars of a child support assessment
- non-agency payments.
We can also review a decision of Services Australia (the Agency) refusing to give you more time to object to a Child Support decision.
The decision letter will tell you if we can review the decision and if you are a person who can apply for a review.
What we cannot do
- review a decision that has not been internally reviewed by a Child Support Objections Officer (except a refusal to give you more time to object)
- conduct a first review of a decision about a departure prohibition order or departure authorisation certificate
- investigate a complaint about the service you received from the Agency
- consider a claim for compensation for detriment experienced as a result of defective actions or inaction (CDDA scheme)
- change the law.