Skip to content

We can help you understand the review process but we cannot give you advice about your case.

There are professional people (for example, lawyers) and other organisations that can help you with your review.

Help from a lawyer

The following organisations may be able to provide you with legal assistance, or help you find a lawyer.

Legal Aid Western Australia

Provides legal services, including legal help with Centrelink issues, with a particular focus on the needs of people who are economically and/or socially disadvantaged.

Phone: 1300 650 579 

Community Legal Centres (CLCs)

Search the CLC directory to find a suitable CLC near you. You can also contact the Community Legal Centres Association on (08) 9221 9322 or via the online referral form for help finding a CLC.

Key CLCs are:

  • Welfare Rights and Advocacy Service

    Provides advice, information, referral and ongoing casework assistance including representation in relation to Centrelink matters.

    Phone: (08) 9328 1751

  • Sussex Street Community Law Service

    Operates a Welfare Rights Unit to assist with Centrelink matters.

    Phone: (08) 6253 9500 or 1300 648 655 (if calling from outside Perth)

DSP Help by Social Security Rights Victoria is a free online resource for DSP applicants and their support workers.

The Law Society of Western Australia

The Law Society of Western Australia can help you find a private lawyer. 

Phone: (08) 9324 8600

Law Access is a not-for-profit organisation that may be able to help you find pro bono (free or reduced fee) legal assistance. 

Phone: (08) 6488 8725

Help for Indigenous Australians

The Aboriginal Legal Service of Western Australia provides many legal services to Indigenous Australians, and may be able to help with Centrelink issues.

Phone: 1800 019 900 (free call)

Help from a disability advocate

The Disability Advocacy Finder can help you find a disability advocate.

Tip: If you are having trouble searching the database, you can check the printable list of providers in your state or territory.