Skip to content

We can help you understand the review process but we cannot give you advice about your case.

There are professional people (for example, lawyers) and other organisations that can help you with your review.

Help from a lawyer

The following organisations may be able to provide you with legal assistance, or help you find a lawyer.

Legal Aid Queensland

Provides legal services, including legal help with Centrelink issues, with a particular focus on the needs of people who are economically and/or socially disadvantaged.

Phone: 1300 65 11 88

Indigenous information line: 1300 65 01 43

Community Legal Centres (CLCs)

Search the CLC directory to find a suitable CLC. Tip: Select ‘Pensions and allowance/Social security’ from the first drop down list.

You can also call Community Legal Centres Queensland on  (07) 3392 0092 for help finding a CLC.

Key CLCs are:

  • Basic Rights Queensland

    Operates a state-wide telephone advice service, which provides information and advice on Centrelink issues.

    Phone: (07) 3847 5532  or 1800 358 511 (freecall)

  • Townsville Community Legal Service

    Operates a Social Security Rights Service and offers free legal advice and assistance to residents of Townsville and surrounding communities.

    Phone: (07) 4721 5511

DSP Help by Social Security Rights Victoria is a free online resource for DSP applicants and their support workers.

Queensland Law Society

The Queensland Law Society can help you find a private lawyer. 

Phone: 1300 367 757

Help for Indigenous Australians

The Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islander Legal Service (Qld) provides many legal services to Indigenous Australians, including help with Centrelink issues.

Phone: (07) 3025 3888 or 1800 012 255 (24 hrs, 7 days)

Help from a disability advocate 

The Disability Advocacy Finder can help you find a disability advocate.

Tip: If you are having trouble searching the database, you can check the printable list of providers in your state or territory.