Skip to content

We can help you understand the review process but we cannot give you advice about your case.

There are professional people (for example, lawyers) and other organisations that can help you with your review.

Help from a lawyer

The following organisations may be able to provide you with legal assistance, or help you find a lawyer.

Legal Aid Commission of Tasmania

The Legal Aid Commission of Tasmania provides legal services, with a particular focus on the needs of people who are economically and/or socially disadvantaged.

Phone: 1300 366 611‚Äč

Community Legal Centres (CLCs)

Search the Community Legal Centres Tasmania website to find a suitable CLC.

Key CLCs are:

  • Hobart Community Legal Service

    Can help with many legal matters, including Centrelink issues.

    Phone: (03) 6223 2500

  • Launceston Community Legal Centre

    Operates a Welfare Rights Advocacy Service, which provides advice, information and representation in matters relating to Centrelink.

    Phone: (03) 6334 1577 or  1800 066 019 (free call)

DSP Help by Social Security Rights Victoria is a free online resource for DSP applicants and their support workers.

The Law Society of Tasmania

The Law Society of Tasmania can help you find a private lawyer. 

In addition, the Society runs a Pro Bono Referral Service.

Phone: (03) 6234 4133

Help for Indigenous Australians

The Tasmanian Aboriginal Legal Service (TALS) provides assistance with many legal matters including Centrelink issues.

Phone: 1800 595 162 

Help from a disability advocate

The Disability Advocacy Finder can help you find a disability advocate.

Tip: If you are having trouble searching the database, you can check the printable list of providers in your state or territory.