Skip to content

We can help you understand the review process but we cannot give you advice about your case.

There are professional people (for example, lawyers) and other organisations that can help you with your review.

Help from a lawyer

The following organisations may be able to provide you with legal assistance, or help you find a lawyer.

Legal Aid NSW

Provides legal services , including legal help about social security, with a particular focus on the needs of people who are economically and/or socially disadvantaged.

Call LawAccess NSW on 1300 888 529 to get started.

Community Legal Centres (CLCs)

An online CLC Recommendation Service is available. Answer some questions about your situation and you will be directed to a suitable CLC. Tip: select ‘I have a problem with Centrelink’ at question 1.

You can also call LawAccess NSW on 1300 888 529 for help finding a CLC.

Key CLCs are:

  • Welfare Rights Centre

    Provides free legal advice on social security matters to all residents of NSW.

    Phone: (02) 9211 5300

  • Illawarra Legal Centre

    Provides information and advice to Illawarra and South Coast clients with appeals against Centrelink decisions.

    Phone: (02) 4276 1939

DSP Help by Social Security Rights Victoria is a free online resource for DSP applicants and their support workers.

Law Society of NSW

The Law Society of NSW can help you find a private lawyer.

The Law Society's Pro Bono Scheme can put you in contact with law firms willing to provide their legal services for free or for reduced fees.

Phone: (02) 9926 0333

Help from a disability advocate

The Disability Advocacy Finder can help you find a disability advocate.

Tip: If you are having trouble searching the database, you can check the printable list of providers in your state or territory.