Skip to content

We can help you understand the review process but we cannot give you advice about your case.

There are professional people (for example, lawyers) and other organisations that can help you with your review.

Help from a lawyer

The following organisations may be able to provide you with legal assistance, or help you find a lawyer.

Victoria Legal Aid

Provides legal services, including legal help with Centrelink issues, with a particular focus on the needs of people who are economically and/or socially disadvantaged.

Phone: 1300 792 387

Community Legal Centres (CLCs)

Search the CLC directory to find a suitable CLC. Tips:

  • Scroll up to enter your postcode to find a CLC near you.
  • Search by keywords such as ‘Centrelink’.

You can also call the Federation of Community Legal Centres on  (03) 9652 1501 for help finding a CLC.

Key CLCs are:

  • Social Security Rights Victoria

    Provides legal assistance with Centrelink issues and has produced DSP Help which is a free online resource for DSP applicants and their support workers.

    Phone: (03) 9481 0355 or 1800 094 164 (if calling from outside Melbourne) 

  • Southport Community Legal Service

    Provides legal advice on many issues including social security.

    Phone: (03) 9646 6066

Law Institute Victoria

The Law Institute Victoria can help you find a private lawyer.  

Phone: (03) 9607 9550

Help from a disability advocate

The Disability Advocacy Finder can help you find a disability advocate.

Tip: If you are having trouble searching the database, you can check the printable list of providers in your state or territory.