Skip to content

We can help you understand the review process but we cannot give you advice about your case.

There are professional people (for example, lawyers) and other organisations that can help you with your review.

Help from a lawyer

The following organisations may be able to provide you with legal assistance, or help you find a lawyer.

Northern Territory Legal Aid Commission

The Northern Territory Legal Aid Commission provides legal services, with a particular focus on the needs of people who are economically and/or socially disadvantaged.

Phone: 1800 019 343

Community Legal Centres (CLCs)

Darwin Community Legal Service provides free legal information, advice and representation on particular areas of law, including social security/Centrelink.

Phone: (08) 8982 1111 or freecall 1800 812 953

There are also women’s legal services that may be able to assist.

DSP Help by Social Security Rights Victoria is a free online resource for DSP applicants and their support workers.

Law Society of NT

The Law Society NT can help you find a private lawyer. 

Help for Indigenous Australians

The North Australian Aboriginal Justice Agency provides many legal services to Aboriginal people in the Northern Territory, including help with Centrelink issues.


  • Darwin: 1800 898 251
  • Throughcare: 1800 321 201
  • Katherine: 1800 897 728
  • Alice Springs: 1800 636 079

Help from a disability advocate

The Disability Advocacy Finder can help you find a disability advocate.

Tip: If you are having trouble searching the database, you can check the printable list of providers in your state or territory.