Skip to content

We can help you understand the review process but we cannot give you advice about your case.

There are professional people (for example, migration agents) and other organisations that can help you with your review.

Help from a registered migration agent

You may be able to get help from a registered migration agent.

The Register of Migration Agents has contact details for registered migration agents.

If you do not have access to the internet, you can call Telstra Directory Assistance on 1223 and ask for the contact details of a migration agent in your area. 

Help from a lawyer

The following organisations may be able to provide you with legal assistance, or help you find a lawyer.

Victoria Legal Aid

Victoria Legal Aid provides legal services, with a particular focus on the needs of people who are economically and/or socially disadvantaged.

Phone: 1300 792 387 

Community Legal Centres (CLCs)

Search the CLC directory to find a suitable CLC.

Tips for searching the CLC directory:

  • Scroll up to enter your postcode to find a CLC near you.
  • Use keywords such as ‘migration’ or ‘refugee’.
  • Select ‘asylum’ from the drop down list.

You can also call the Federation of Community Legal Centres on (03) 9652 1501 for help finding a CLC. 

Key CLCs are

  • Refugee Legal

    Provides free specialist legal assistance to people seeking asylum, refugees and disadvantaged migrants.

    Phone: (03) 9413 0100 (10am to 2pm on Wednesday and Friday)

  • Asylum Seeker Resource Centre (ASRC)

    Provides legal assistance to refugees and people seeking asylum.

    Phone: 03 9326 6066 (Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday)

Law Institute Victoria

The Law Institute Victoria can help you find a private lawyer.

Phone: (03) 9607 9550