Skip to content

We can help you understand the review process but we cannot give you advice about your case.

There are professional people (for example, migration agents) and other organisations that can help you with your review.

Help from a registered migration agent

You may be able to get help from a registered migration agent.

The Register of Migration Agents has contact details for registered migration agents.

If you do not have access to the internet, you can call Telstra Directory Assistance on 1223 and ask for the contact details of a migration agent in your area. 

Help from a lawyer

The following organisations may be able to provide you with legal assistance, or help you find a lawyer.

Legal Aid NSW

Provides legal services, with a particular focus on the needs of people who are economically and/or socially disadvantaged.

Legal Aid has an Immigration Service, which is free legal advice, assistance and representation about refugee law and other immigration matters.

Call LawAccess NSW on 1300 888 529 to get started.

Community Legal Centres (CLCs)

An online CLC Recommendation Service is available. Answer some questions about your situation and you will be directed to a suitable CLC. Tip: Select ‘I have an immigration problem’ at question 1.

You can also call LawAccess NSW on 1300 888 529 for help finding a CLC.

Key CLCs are:

Law Society of NSW

The Law Society of NSW can help you find a private lawyer.

The Law Society's Pro Bono Scheme can put you in contact with law firms willing to provide their legal services for free or for reduced fees.

Phone: (02) 9926 0333