Do I need to pay an application fee?
How much do I have to pay?
The standard application fee is $1,011.
Can I pay a reduced fee?
Yes, a reduced fee of $100 can be paid if:
- legal aid has been granted for the review
- you hold a health care card, pensioner concession card, Commonwealth seniors health card or other card that certifies entitlement to Commonwealth health concessions
- you are in prison, immigration detention or otherwise detained in a public institution
- you are under 18 years of age
- you receive Youth Allowance, Austudy or ABSTUDY Centrelink payments
- we decide payment of the application fee would cause you financial hardship.
You must give us evidence thatv you are eligible to pay a reduced fee.
To ask for a fee reduction under financial hardship you must fill in the Request for fee reduction form. You should send us this form when you lodge the application.
What if I have more than one application for review?
If the same person (an individual, organisation or other entity) applies for review of more than one decision and we decide that the applications can be dealt with together, we can order that you only have to pay one fee
You can ask us about paying a single fee when you lodge the applications.
When do I pay the fee?
You should pay the fee when you lodge the application. We will not start the review until you pay the fee.
The review might be dismissed if you do not pay the fee within 6 weeks after lodging the application.
How do I pay the fee?
- credit card (MasterCard and Visa only)
- money order
Credit card payments can also be made by phone.
Can I receive a refund?
We will refund:
- the entire application fee if you were not required to pay it
- the difference between the fee you paid and $100, if we decide you can pay the reduced fee
- the difference between the fee you paid and $100, if the review is decided in your favour.
There is no refund if you paid the reduced fee of $100.