Do I need to pay an application fee?
You do not need to pay an application fee if you lodge an application for a second review of most Centrelink decisions.
An application fee is only payable for a second review of a decision about Paid Parental Leave.
How much do I have to pay?
The second time we review a Paid Parental Leave decision the standard application fee is $962.
Can I pay a reduced fee?
Yes, a reduced fee of $100 can be paid if:
- legal aid has been granted for the review
- you hold a health care card, pensioner concession card, Commonwealth seniors health card or other card that certifies entitlement to Commonwealth health concessions
- you are in prison, immigration detention or otherwise detained in a public institution
- you are under 18 years of age
- you are receiving Youth Allowance, Austudy or ABSTUDY
- we decide payment of the application fee would cause you financial hardship.
You must give us evidence that you are eligible to pay a reduced fee.
To ask for a fee reduction because of financial hardship you must fill in the Request for fee reduction form. You should send us this form when you lodge the application.
What if I have more than one application for review?
If you make more than 1 application and we decide they can be dealt with together, we can order that you only have to pay 1 fee.
You can ask us about paying a single fee when you lodge the applications.
When do I pay my fee?
You should pay the fee when you lodge the application. We will not start the review until you pay the fee.
The application might be dismissed if you do not pay the fee within 6 weeks after lodging the application.
How do I pay my fee?
- credit card (MasterCard and Visa only)
- money order
You can pay the application fee by credit card if you lodge your application online. Credit card payments can also be made by phone.
Can I receive a refund?
We will refund:
- the entire application fee if you were not required to pay it
- the difference between the fee you paid and $100, if we decide you can pay the reduced fee
- the difference between the fee you paid and $100, if the review is decided in your favour.
There is no refund if you paid the reduced fee of $100.