What we can review
We can review a decision made by the Department of Home Affairs, the Minister for Home Affairs or the Minister for Immigration to:
- refuse to approve a person becoming an Australian citizen under section 17, 19D or 24 of the Australian Citizenship Act 2007
- cancel an approval given to a person to become an Australian citizen under section 25
- refuse to approve a person becoming an Australian citizen again under section 30
- refuse to approve a person renouncing his or her Australian citizenship under section 33
- revoke a person’s Australian citizenship under section 34 or 36.
The decision letter should tell you if we can review the decision or you can check the List of reviewable decisions.